AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 22, 2019 11:01AM
Daniel,

When deciding on centering strategy, do you believe that those groups are intrinsically different in terms of movement? In addition, the following line

-qVarCenters '(0.0450,0.0607,0.0575,0.0492)' \

is not valid. If you want to center each group separately, you have to manually perform the centering yourself before putting the quantitative variable values in the data table.

> if I look at the results of the MVM on the brick showing only the effect F of "Group" variable
> I don't get exactly the same results as the ANOVA without the covariate

They should be different because including an extra explanatory variable in the model would change the dynamics of the model. Check out the Movement effect in the output and see if it's reasonable to include the covariate.

> is it the same to put the quantitative variable Movement inside glfcode and gltcode or not?

It's not clear to me why you need the GLF specification. If you are interested in group comparisons, you should not include the "Movement :" in the GLT specifications. Do that only if you want to compare those groups about their Movement effect (slope).

Gang
Subject Author Posted

3dMVM questions

drusso October 20, 2019 03:07PM

Re: 3dMVM questions

gang October 22, 2019 11:01AM

drusso October 22, 2019 05:01PM

gang October 22, 2019 09:45PM

drusso October 23, 2019 09:59AM