AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 15, 2019 10:53AM
Hi, Karel-

We haven't done anything with building/using AFNI on Ubuntu 19.* yet. In general, there tend to be minor changes in the way the package manager Aptitude operates to install things on different versions, so we have had to make minor adjustments to installation instructions for different Ubuntu version numbers-- you can see this fact in our varied set of installation instructions for Ubuntu. Sometimes, this takes a bit of time and work-- lately, R installation has caused some minor headaches, but I just reinstalled my OS for ubuntu 18.04 and all the instructions worked fine.

Note that the 19.* versions of Ubuntu are not LTS. The currently most modern LTS is 18.04. We usually focus on the LTS versions, because those are the more stable OS versions.

Personally, I wouldn't upgrade to a non-LTS Ubuntu version without some very strong, necessary motivation (and I can't think of an example situation of such a thing-- doesn't mean that doesn't exist, but it wouldn't be a standard thing to do).

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Ubuntu 19 AFNI installation

Karelo November 15, 2019 10:15AM

Re: Ubuntu 19 AFNI installation

ptaylor November 15, 2019 10:53AM