AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 31, 2019 11:44AM
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the explanation on how the weighting etc works within the program. I was using my own weight to emphasize areas where alignment is most crucial when warping. When reading through the emask option and testing with the default .4 clip fraction from 3dAutomask I worried that one of the areas in the brainstem would be excluded that I am emphasizing, which is where my questions came from. When testing with the clip fraction of .33 (not realizing this is the default in 3dQwarp as opposed to 3dAutomask's default) the brainstem was covered and I reconfirmed this with the wtprefix option you suggested so it seems all this won't be an issue. At this time, I am aligning to a T2 weighted template space for some subcortical regions that are more easily distinguishable on this contrast as opposed to the T1 template.

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3dQwarp and automask usage

AjaySK December 30, 2019 01:55PM

Re: 3dQwarp and automask usage

RWCox December 30, 2019 04:28PM

AjaySK December 31, 2019 11:44AM

RWCox December 31, 2019 11:51AM