AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 21, 2020 09:43AM
Hello,
I am performing a t-test to see if my effect is lateralized as hypothesized. I do this by comparing the original contrast (Original) with the contrast in the symmetric voxel in the other hemisphere (Flipped). I used ttest++ with the ClustSim option.
I already ran a 3dClustSim simulation on averaged ACF parameteres, for the group level effect. The threshold in this table is VERY different from the ttest++ ClustSim output. Which of these is better to rely on?
I have an intuition that 3dClustSim is not the right thing to use when I compare two voxels on the same brain, but I am not sure. Any response is appreciated!
Thank you.

** EDIT **
In the aformentioned ttest++ with ClustSim, I could show that one stimulus has a lateralized effect and the other does not. I ran a second analysis, 2-by-2 ANOVA with 3dANOVA3, to identify clusteres significant for an interaction between Laterality (original/flipped) and the type of stimulus.
As I noted, the thresholds of ClustSim and 3dClustSim are far from being the same. But for 3dANOVA3 I don't have any other option. However, I am not sure that 3dClustSim is the right thing to do when comparing original vs. flipped - the ACF function assumes that a voxel is being compared to itself, as far as I understand... I would appreciate any advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2020 04:06AM by Galit.
Subject Author Posted

which ClustSim to use for original vs. flipped analysis?

Galit January 21, 2020 09:43AM

Re: which ClustSim to use for original vs. flipped analysis?

Galit January 29, 2020 04:09AM

gang January 29, 2020 10:19AM

Galit January 29, 2020 11:14AM

gang January 29, 2020 11:37AM

Galit January 31, 2020 12:09PM

gang January 31, 2020 04:48PM

Galit February 02, 2020 02:26AM