AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 26, 2020 02:43PM
Hi All,

1. First, I hope you are staying safe and sane.

2. Second, I have a question that is hopefully simple to answer.

CONTEXT: I have vertex and voxel level data that were analyzed with a complicated pipeline and saved as .mgz files. The group analysis was conducted using FSL's PALM. PALM's output provides several files: t maps, p maps, beta weights etc. I wanted to view the voxel level data, which are subcortically masked, using AFNI's GUI (as the wb_view is difficult to use for voxel data). The group maps are saved as NIFTI files subcortically.

PROBLEM: I used 3dTcat to combine the PALM generated beta and t maps into the same file. However, when I opened AFNI (to read the voxel) data, it read these files as anatomy files (also verified with 3dinfo).

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION: I tried to force the files to be read as functional data using 3dbucket -fbuc but no luck. This is particularly an issue when trying to threshold because the scales are off. A simple fix is that I could use wb_view but AFNI's viewer is much more user friendly. I was getting weird results with wb_view so I wanted to confirm with the AFNI GUI.

QUESTION 1: So, is there a way to force the files to be read as a functional dataset so that I can threshold correctly? If not, no big deal. I can learn how to use SUMA so that I can analyze my data using 3dMVM :) or use the wb_view :(

QUESTION 2: If I end up using 3dMVM, is there a way to generate a p and cohen's map?

Thanks,
Shana
Subject Author Posted

stats file being read in as an anatomical image

shanaadise March 26, 2020 02:43PM

Re: stats file being read in as an anatomical image

ptaylor March 26, 2020 03:02PM

shanaadise March 26, 2020 08:03PM

ptaylor March 27, 2020 09:25AM