AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 22, 2020 07:15PM
Hi there,

I attempted to warp a binary mask to standard space using several afni commands and the results don;t look great. (A bunch of the labels become long decimals,especially and there are grainy outlines at the edges that shouldn't be there). I believe the issue involves the fact that I am using a transformation matrix to warp a binary mask, and perhaps have chosen the wrong way to do this. (I have embedded images at the bottom of this message for reference). I've been able to achieve this well in ANTS, but would prefer to do it AFNI for consistency with my analysis.

I used auto_tlrc, cat matvec, and 3dAllineate (see below). Could you recommend a more appropriate way to achieve the binary mask (using the 2 mm MNI 152 template)?
# warp anatomical template in original space to MNI 2mm template
@auto_tlrc -base MNI152_T1_2mm_brain.nii.gz \
	 		-input Zach_Template_1point5+orig -no_ss \
	 		-init_xform AUTO_CENTER \

#store foward transformation in a text file
cat_matvec Zach_Template_1point5+tlrc::WARP_DATA -I > matrix_ZachToMNI.1D \

#align binary ROI mask (original space = Zach_Template_1point5) to MNI space using transformation matrix
3dAllineate -input Zach_ROIs+orig \
                -1Dmatrix_apply matrix_ZachToMNI.1D \
                -prefix Zach_ROIs_ToMNI \

Here are the images - for some reason they aren;t embedding but you should still be able to open the image url

Here is a picture of the ROIs in original space

And here are ROIs after I've aligned them to MNI

Thanks in advance!
Subject Author Posted

Warping a binary mask to standard space

jyaros April 22, 2020 07:15PM

Re: Warping a binary mask to standard space

Peter Molfese April 22, 2020 09:09PM

Re: Warping a binary mask to standard space

jyaros April 23, 2020 10:41PM