AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 30, 2021 02:27PM
I am working on a searchlight analysis and am using 3dmaskdump and 3dUndump in MATLAB. However, after running the searchlight, the results seem to be flipped in orientation -- even though the 3dinfo -verb output says all data are in LPI.

For example, I get a series out errors like this:

*+ WARNING: File /Users/andrewlynn/Desktop/sf_afni_tmp/test.txt line 452016: y coord=-92.5 is outside -91.2525 .. 126.253

Below I simplified this by trying to pull the atlas info then use 3dUndump to recreate the atlas and the flip happens here too.

I think there may be a bug in the AFNI code? This seems to be fixed by multiplying the X and Y coords

cmask = ['/Volumes/NBL_Projects/NSF_DDK2/matfiles/preprocessing_pipeline/HaskinsPeds/HaskinsPeds_NL_atlas2.5+tlrc.BRIK.gz'];

loc = ['~/Desktop/sf_afni_tmp'];

unix(['3dmaskdump -overwrite -noijk -xyz -o ' loc 'tmp.n_voxel_coord '  cmask]);

rois = dir([loc 'tmp.n_voxel_coord']);
nrois = load([rois.folder '/' rois.name]);

writematrix(nrois,[loc '/test.txt'],'Delimiter','tab');

unix(['3dUndump -overwrite -xyz -datum float -prefix ' loc '/Haskings_coord_mask -master ' cmask ' ' loc '/test.txt']);

Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 1.23.16 PM.png (511.8 KB)
Subject Author Posted

orientation error in 3dmaskdump to 3dUndump pipeline Attachments

aclynn11 November 30, 2021 02:27PM

Re: orientation error in 3dmaskdump to 3dUndump pipeline

Daniel Glen November 30, 2021 03:59PM

Re: orientation error in 3dmaskdump to 3dUndump pipeline

aclynn11 December 01, 2021 11:08AM