AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 23, 2020 07:06PM
Hi everybody
I have resting state data, TR=2.5s, 3 runs of 210 points per subject. The lab I'm working for had a pipeline making use of 3dFourier to perform bandpass filtering in the range 0.01-0.1 Hz, making it in two steps, fist highpass then lowpass.
I was trying to improve the code, I saw that 3dBandpass improves the demenaing of data, now I have a couple of questions
- what's the difference in terms of implementation of the filter between 3dBandpass and 3dTproject, if I only need to filter data (no nuisance regression)?
- given that the order have at least to be reversed (fist lowpass then highpass), is there any actual advantage in splitting the bandpass filter in lowpass and highpass?
Thank you
Simone
Subject Author Posted

bandpass filtering

Simone Cauzzo May 23, 2020 07:06PM

Re: bandpass filtering

rick reynolds May 27, 2020 11:30AM