AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 05, 2020 10:34AM
Hello!
This is a statistical question rather than afni specific but since I'm using 3dTproject I was wondering what the relationship between polort and high-pass filter is. If I use a polort of 2 it will remove very low frequencies which is what high-pass filtering does, is that correct?
Also why does the 3dTproject help file say "It makes no sense to use a value of pp greater than 2, if you are bandpassing out the lower frequencies!". This is probably related to my question above but I don't understand why "it makes no sense".
Is there also an option to perform only high-pass filtering with 3dTproject?
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2020 10:36AM by samw.
Subject Author Posted

polort and filtering

samw June 05, 2020 10:34AM

Re: polort and filtering

rick reynolds June 22, 2020 10:46AM