AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 16, 2020 11:01AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am using 3dTproject to do nuisance regression. Sometimes we combine different fixed of regressors (movement parameters, physiological recordings, etc.) and also a band pass filter.

The problem appears when I try to band pass at "0.002 - 0.01" or "0.012 - 0.028" Hz combined with the mentioned fixed regressors.
It seems that band passing at those frequency ranges use at least more than 90% of the D.O.F from the data set. Then, if I have more regressors (movement parameters, physiological recordings, etc.) it is not possible to do the regression because the number of regressors exceeds the number of time points.

Error message:

+ Block #0: 250 time points -- 243 stopband regressors
++ 1 Blocks * 5 polynomials -- 5 polort regressors
 + -- 14 other fixed ort regressors
[7m** ERROR:[0m total number of fixed regressors (262) is too many for 250 retained time points!

How could I deal with this problem if I want to keep using 3dTproject?

Also, in a hypothetical case, If I am interested to compare results between two samples with different regression models: i) The first one was done using fixed regressors (movement, physiological recording, white matter, etc.) ii) and the second was done only with a band pass filter. .

Are these results comparable considering that the conditions in the regressions were different?

If you could help me with these queries, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Karel
Subject Author Posted

Regression question (using 3dTproject )

Karelo June 16, 2020 11:01AM

Re: Regression question (using 3dTproject )

rick reynolds June 22, 2020 10:41AM

Re: Regression question (using 3dTproject )

Karelo July 29, 2020 04:36AM