AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 22, 2020 11:24AM
Hi AFNI gurus,
I was trying multi-echo fMRI analysis in the native space (so no "tlrc") without anatomy data (so no "align"). In this case, the "volreg" step is as simple as (i) estimating head motions with 3dvolreg on the "$fave_echo", and (ii) apply the transformation matrix to other echoes with 3dAllineate.
In the help doc of 3dvolreg, it says that the transformation matrix needs to be inversed like "cat_matvec fred.aff12.1D -I". However, while implementing it with afni_proc.py, I don't see "cat_matvec -I" but "cat_matvec -ONELINE" instead; and 3dAllineate directly uses this "oneline" version of the transformation matrix.

3dvolreg -verbose -zpad 1 -base vr_base_min_outlier+orig                \
             -1Dfile dfile.r$run.1D -prefix rm.epi.volreg.r$run.e$fave_echo \
             -cubic                                                         \
             -1Dmatrix_save mat.r$run.vr.aff12.1D                           \
             pb01.$subj.r$run.e$fave_echo.tshift+orig

cat_matvec -ONELINE                                                     \
               mat.r$run.vr.aff12.1D > mat.r$run.warp.aff12.1D

foreach eind ( $echo_list )

3dAllineate                                                          \
                   -input pb01.$subj.r$run.e$eind.tshift+orig               \
                   -1Dmatrix_apply mat.r$run.warp.aff12.1D                  \
                   -prefix pb02.$subj.r$run.e$eind.volreg
    end

So my question here is whether the option of "-I" equals the option of "-ONELINE" in this particular case? While executing the 3dAllineate, it outputs a lot of warnings of "volume 0..1*+ WARNING: Re-using final row of -1D*_apply" for each of the TR volumes. Should I care about these warnings?
Subject Author Posted

Does "-ONELINE" also apply "-I" in cat_matvec ?

Zhihao_Li June 22, 2020 11:24AM

Re: Does "-ONELINE" also apply "-I" in cat_matvec ?

ptaylor June 22, 2020 03:05PM

Zhihao_Li June 22, 2020 03:27PM

rick reynolds July 07, 2020 10:29AM