AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 29, 2020 12:20PM
Hi AFNI!
I have computed z-scores using 3dttest++ with the -Clustsim flag to correct for multiple comparisons. Everything seemed to be going well until I discovered that for a few of my analyses, I am getting clusters with a peak z-score of 13. For clusters where I get these peaks of 13, when I click around in the cluster, off the peak, I get more regular seeming z-scores (e.g. not whole numbers), and while the other voxels in the cluster often have pretty high z-scores (greater than 7.0), I haven't seen voxels with z-scores above 10. Finally, the area of the clusters where the z-score is 13 is sometimes quite large (100s of voxels), not a single voxel/couple of voxels that peaks usually are. All of the other analyses run with the same script seem fine, producing totally normal z-scores. Could it be possible that AFNI is maxing out z-scores at 13? Or that AFNI sets any z-score above a certain threshold to 13?

Thanks for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 12:21PM by rbernhard.
Subject Author Posted

Anomalistic z-scores

rbernhard June 29, 2020 12:20PM

Re: Anomalistic z-scores

Daniel Glen July 02, 2020 01:06PM

rbernhard July 03, 2020 02:29PM

rbernhard July 05, 2020 02:05PM

Daniel Glen July 07, 2020 06:10PM