AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
jef
October 12, 2020 08:40PM
At first I received an error when I ran require(data.table) indicating it could not be found and I was unable to download data.file, but I was able to install it with the command
install.packages("data.table", type = "binary")

Now my output is:

> require(data.table)
Loading required package: data.table
data.table 1.12.8 using 2 threads (see ?getDTthreads).  Latest news: r-datatable.com
> sessionInfo()
R version 3.6.3 (2020-02-29)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Matrix products: default
BLAS:   /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

other attached packages:
[1] data.table_1.12.8

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.6.3

I might be jumping the gun here, but I then tried the script again and it still didn't work. I've then starting playing with the code to see if I could obtain an error. I now have an error to work with,

Error in if (len%%wd != 0) errex.AFNI(paste("The content under -dataTable is not rectangular !",  : 
  argument is of length zero
Calls: process.LME.opts
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In if (!is.na(lop$qVars)) lop$QV <- strsplit(lop$qVars, "\\,")[[1]] :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
2: In if (!is.na(lop$qVars)) lop$QV <- strsplit(lop$qVars, "\\,")[[1]] :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
Execution halted

I've since spent my time trying to figure out where missing or extra spaces could be and searching old errors on the afni message board and working in sublime text where I track exactly where my spaces are and are not. I saw a similar error and tried to follow the instruction to use file_tool to track down the source of the error.

file_tool -infiles test.sh -test
test.sh has 0 bad characters

test.sh file type: UNIX

This might be irrelevant if there were more I was supposed to do after the steps you asked above, but I wanted to include just incase.

Thanks again!
Subject Author Posted

error with R_io.so when checking afni_system_check.py -check_all to run run 3dLME

jef October 09, 2020 08:26AM

Re: error with R_io.so when checking afni_system_check.py -check_all to run run 3dLME

ptaylor October 09, 2020 09:16AM

Re: error with R_io.so when checking afni_system_check.py -check_all to run run 3dLME

jef October 12, 2020 10:40AM

ptaylor October 12, 2020 01:21PM

jef October 12, 2020 06:55PM

gang October 12, 2020 07:16PM

jef October 12, 2020 08:40PM

gang October 12, 2020 11:06PM

jef October 13, 2020 10:13AM

jef October 13, 2020 10:42AM

gang October 13, 2020 11:13AM

jef October 14, 2020 09:06AM

gang October 14, 2020 11:53AM

jef October 15, 2020 10:55AM

rick reynolds October 19, 2020 11:11AM

jef October 21, 2020 11:25AM