AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 05, 2021 01:43PM
Thanks so much for the clarification. I had one follow-up about some weirdness I am seeing within the global output.

I tried it first with two hpowers based on something I had seen in an example:

-ETAC 8 -ETAC_blur 0 2 -ETAC_opt NN=1:sid=2:hpow=0,2:pthr=0.05,0.01:name=Fred1
This resulted in a fair amount of activity surviving the mask.
But then I saw the comments in the etac help which suggested running hpow=0 for ease of explaining and hpow=2 if you expect small clusters (one main area of interest is small, so I thought this might be good). I ran them both separately.

-ETAC 8 -ETAC_blur 0 2 -ETAC_opt NN=1:sid=2:hpow=0:pthr=0.05,0.01:name=Fred1
nothing survived

-ETAC 8 -ETAC_blur 0 2 -ETAC_opt NN=1:sid=2:hpow=2:pthr=0.05,0.01:name=Fred1
nothing survived

For 'fun' I tried a few more:

-ETAC 8 -ETAC_blur 0 2 -ETAC_opt NN=1:sid=2:hpow=1:pthr=0.05,0.01:name=Fred1
nothing survived

-ETAC 8 -ETAC_blur 0 2 -ETAC_opt NN=1:sid=2:hpow=0,1,2:pthr=0.05,0.01:name=Fred1
mostly overlapping with the initial run using hpow=0,2

So this leaves me pretty confused. I obviously want to do things correctly, and I would love for something to survive!! Any Idea why there is a difference if you run them separate versus combined? And there is no way to see the individual contributions from the hpow settings when you use more than one in an etac command?

For reference, this is a paired t-test on 16 subjects using AFNI 18.3.05.

Thank you!
Stephanie McMains
Subject Author Posted

ETAC output file interpretation

activatedvoxel October 22, 2020 01:41PM

Re: ETAC output file interpretation

RWCox November 02, 2020 09:49AM

activatedvoxel January 05, 2021 01:43PM

activatedvoxel January 22, 2021 09:20AM