AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 21, 2021 01:19AM
Hi,AFNI Group

For analyses of effects of illness duration, medication, episode, and symptom severity, we calculated a linear mixed-effects models (LMM) by using 3dLMMr in AFNI: y ∼1 + HAMD + Episode + Medication + Duration + Education + Age + Sex + Motion + (1| Site). This LMM describes the relationship between a response variable (e.g., VMHC) and independent variables (here, HAMD, Episode, Medication, Duration, and covariates of age, sex, education, and head motion), with coefficients that can vary with respect to the site.

By setting a threshold of p<0.001, we found significant HAMD effect and Episode effects(i.e., 2 clusters: Clust_HAMDEffect_p0.001_10_mask+tlrc and Clust_EpisodeEffect_p0.001_10_mask+tlrc). The current reviewer wants us to show HAMD effect with scatter charts and Episode effect with bar charts.

How to deal with this problem effectively? Can the Cluster Explorer feature in AFNI handle this? Maybe there's a better way? Thanks!

PS: I have: (more specifics below):
1. An output dataset from 3dLMEr.
(i.e., Clust_HAMDEffect_p0.001_10_mask+tlrc
and Clust_EpisodeEffect_p0.001_10_mask+tlrc).

2. All of my individual subject datasets.
i.e., 2000 VMHC maps that went into the group level analysis (.nii).

3. A table(.txt) with my subject ID, HAMD, Episode, Medication, Duration, Education, Age, Sex, Motion, Site, InputFile(xxx.nii).

4. The master template to which the input datasets were aligned (i.e., ch2bet.nii.gz). This will serve as an underlay for viewing results.
Subject Author Posted

scatter charts and bar charts after group level analysis

keke January 21, 2021 01:19AM

Re: scatter charts and bar charts after group level analysis

gang January 22, 2021 07:51PM