AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 11, 2022 04:42AM
Dear AFNI developers,

Kind of an odd question, but.... I often need to open datasets sitting in remote servers: I ssh into the server with X11 forwarding, start afni there and try to work this way, but it can be very slow due to the heavy message passing of the graphical interface through ssh. Is there is a way to use the local afni machinery, that is, starting afni locally and just open a remote dataset/directory in an ssh tunnel? If not (I am assuming not), would that be something worthwhile for consideration in a future implementation (I am rooting for yes winking smiley

thank you for your attention
giuseppe
Subject Author Posted

Opening remote datasets/directories in AFNI

gpagnon June 11, 2022 04:42AM