AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 15, 2021 09:11PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will also leave the autoweight option alone: I don't have a specific autoweight setting in mind I wanted to use, I was investigating whether it could improve alignment (in light of the warning aea threw up).

Basically, I think my epi-anatomical alignment is ok (I am unsure if it is close enough as I am new to fMRI), but would love any tips on things I can try to improve it.

I have tried changing the cmass, deobliquing options within aea - all to no effect as they are, as we discussed, being taken care of by aea.

I also tried using lpc+ZZ instead of lpc as the cost function, but this produces a catastrophically misaligned epi-anatomical. Not sure what I did wrong there (code below). The anatomical is clipped, so I tried zero padding it before running, but this did not work either.

Any tips to get lpc+ZZ to work, OR other suggestions to try improve alignment would be very appreciated.

Thank you for your patience,

Harriet

------------
code:

afni_proc.py -subj_id $subj \
-blocks align \
-dsets $data_dir/P007_FR_RUN* \
-tcat_remove_first_trs 0 \
-copy_anat $data_dir/FR_uniden_avg \
-anat_has_skull yes \
-align_opts_aea \
-cost lpc+ZZ \