History of AFNI updates  

|
April 21, 2021 03:53PM
Dear AFNI Team,

I hope you are doing well. I was wondering whether the colorscale gap width is something that can be modified? For example, I have some sort of anatomical underlay and a t-statistics overlay. I choose a colorscale like "Spectrum:red_to_blue+gap". This gives a nice colormap where negative t-stats are shown in blue and positives are in red. At the same time, it nulls out any t-statistic values around 0 from the display, from approximately -0.25 to +0.25 (based on a visual ballpark). However, is it possible to increase the width of this gap?

I know I can suppress overlay voxels below a t-stat (or p-value) cutoff by changing the threshold. Ultimately I will do that, but I also take advantage of the full color variation. For example, if I'm looking at t-stats >3, there's a lot of colorscale variation given to [+0.25, +3] that is "wasted", since I cut that range off. So, the final overlay voxels that DO get displayed only live in a narrow band of color variation of "really red" to "even more red", as opposed to "yellow" to "red". It would be nice to have "yellow" start at +3 and "red" end with +5 or something like that, which is what I think controlling the gap would help with.

If relevant, I am using version AFNI_19.2.24.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Conan
Subject Author Posted

Colorscale gap width?

cchen April 21, 2021 03:53PM

Re: Colorscale gap width?

ptaylor April 21, 2021 08:07PM

cchen April 22, 2021 11:04PM

Daniel Glen April 22, 2021 12:26PM