AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 22, 2021 11:29AM
Thank you. This is how I have been basically working, with the exception that we are still scanning subjects for the project. I have been happy with AW results in all monkeys (they all have their anat scans done), and with AP results from one monkey. Once I started expanding to another monkey (we have full functional datasets from 2, just starting another 2), things started going sideways, epi-anat would fail for specific sessions or runs of that second monkey (and on HPC only)

One of the ideas that Daniel suggested to solve that was to use MDEFTs acquired during functional sessions as anat. Before that, I was using MPRAGEs which were acquired separately (and in another scanner). So my first step was, OK, but will these MDEFTs align to the template, this is why went back to AW, and they did not. (both the EPI's and MDEFTs are oblique and partial which apparently causes a lot of problems, plus these are monkeys with huge muscles and surface coils which makes skull-stripping within epi-anat alignment a challenge too).

I am going to sort out the environment variables first (after I figure out which of them means what), and then I will make a step back and ensure I am working from the same versions of the template and the source files on both systems. I was pretty sure they were identical, but maybe a difference crept in.

As for random seeding explaining different alignment results, I thought about that too - but then repeated runs converged to a (visually) identical solution on each system, different between the systems.
Subject Author Posted

QC not produced by afni_proc

Pawel April 21, 2021 05:38PM

Re: QC not produced by afni_proc

ptaylor April 21, 2021 07:51PM

Pawel April 21, 2021 11:33PM

ptaylor April 22, 2021 08:39AM

Pawel April 22, 2021 10:08AM