AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 26, 2021 09:48PM
Hi experts,

I am running a resting state analysis in an older clinical sample. For preprocessing, I applied SSWarper and the recon-all pipeline to the anatomical images and stuck closely to example 11 for proc.py. I used slightly higher censor (0.3mm) and outlier fraction (0.10) limits because I am working with a special population.

Rick mentioned in the "Start to Finish Hands-On" video from your YouTube channel that when viewing the radcor images in the HTML output you may see some effects of motion in the radcor*tcat image but that this motion is hopefully corrected in the radcor*volreg image. When viewing my data, I saw in some participants that the radcor*tcat image looks just as noisy as the radcor*tcat image, mostly with voxels rimming the edge of the brain suggesting effects of motion. I've attached an image here for reference. For context, the summary motion parameters in this participant are:
average motion per TR = 0.14
average censored motion = 0.13
max motion displacement = 0.59

Is there anything I can do in AFNI to adjust these particularly noisy datasets?

Thank you!
Jenna
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 8.47.06 PM.png (1.84 MB)
Subject Author Posted

Radcor image retains noise after volreg Attachments

jkblujus April 26, 2021 09:48PM

Re: Radcor image retains noise after volreg

ptaylor April 27, 2021 04:18PM

Re: Radcor image retains noise after volreg Attachments

jkblujus April 27, 2021 08:54PM

rick reynolds April 28, 2021 08:16AM

jkblujus April 28, 2021 03:44PM