AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 01, 2021 12:49PM
Hello AFNI Gurus!
I have some ROIs in MNI space that I would like to transform back to native space so that I can extract time-series from EPIs in native (i.e. non-normalised) space using these ROIs as masks. The participants' anatomies are normalised using SSwarper, and EPIs are aligned to the participants' native space anatomies using align_epi_anat.py through afni_proc.py.
I used the following 3dNwarpApply command
3dNwarpApply -source ${ROIDir}/MNI/${mask}+tlrc     \
            -ainterp NN                                                   \
            -master ${APDir}/pb04.sub-0${sub}.r01.scale+orig. \
            -nwarp ${APDir}/anatSS.${sid}_al_junk_mat.aff12.1D           \
            ${APDir}/anatQQ.${sid}.aff12.1D                              \
            ${APDir}/anatQQ.${sid}_WARP.nii                              \
            -iwarp                                                        \
            -prefix ${subjROIDir}/${sid}_MNI_${mask}.nii.gz

Is this the correct way to do this? I'm a little confused about whether to use the -iwarp flag, or whether to specify the transforms in the opposite order and not use the -iwarp flag. Finally, the anatSS.${sid}_al_junk_mat.aff12.1D is got from align_epi_anat.py, but this command had the -anat2epi option. So should I be using the -I flag to invert this transform to undo the inversion from the -iwarp flag?
Thank you,
Mrinmayi
Subject Author Posted

Transforming ROIs from MNI space to Native EPI space

mrinmayik May 01, 2021 12:49PM

Re: Transforming ROIs from MNI space to Native EPI space

ptaylor May 02, 2021 09:10AM

mrinmayik May 02, 2021 04:26PM

ptaylor May 03, 2021 10:10PM