AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 04, 2021 08:14PM
Hello,
I am looking to get a bit of guidance on how to generate a grey matter mask using SSwarper. I have never used this program before but one of my lab mates has used it for some issues she was having with her data. I am attaching the script used below for reference.
I have been reading as much documentation that I can find but as a novice am confused about a few things. First, when you run SSwarper on a subject do I need to input any specific command for it to produce a GM mask in the output? I have looked in my labmates outputs and cant seem to find any file that would correspond to such a thing.
Second, can this mask be used during for a single participants processing to restrict analysis to the GM only? Or is that only done during group analysis?
Finally, can a single mask generated from SSwarper be used for group analysis considering its warped to a specific template or would I still want to average each subjects together to try and create a better fit?
I know these are likely pretty basic questions but I would love to hear what someone has to say and it would help me greatly. Thanks very much.
Austin

#tcsh syntax
setenv OMP_NUM_THREADS 8

echo parameter 1 is $1
set subj = $1 

set indir     = /space/kmsyn03/projects/MGH_alc/Stroop/individual/$subj/Afni
set template  = /space/kmsyn03/projects/MGH_alc/Stroop/individual/$subj/Afni/MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz
set anat = /space/kmsyn03/projects/MGH_alc/Stroop/individual/$subj/Afni/{$subj}_anat2.nii
set odir = /space/kmsyn03/projects/MGH_alc/Stroop/individual/$subj/Afni/SSwarperTEST

@SSwarper                     \
        -input  ${anat}           \
        -base   ${template}       \
        -subid  ${subj}           \
        -odir   ${odir}		  \

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2021 09:05AM by ptaylor.
Subject Author Posted

GM mask through SSwarper

Lordbyron001 May 04, 2021 08:14PM

Re: GM mask through SSwarper

ptaylor May 05, 2021 09:21AM

Lordbyron001 May 05, 2021 01:22PM

ptaylor May 05, 2021 02:07PM

Lordbyron001 May 05, 2021 03:18PM