AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 06, 2021 11:12AM
I’m a software developer collaborating with a researcher who wants to use AFNI to perform some pre-processing tasks on our data sets before importing them into my MATLAB-based application. Thus, I’ve been tasked with adding support for AFNI’s file format to my application. He provided me with the afni_utils package and I’ve been looking into using the BrikInfo and BrikLoad functions to obtain the images and metadata from the AFNI .HEAD and .BRIK files. However, I am used to working with DICOM files and their associated nomenclature. I have not previously worked with the AFNI file format and am uncertain how to interpret the various data fields that I obtain as output from the BrikInfo function. Is there a reference document available that goes into some detail explaining how to interpret these data fields? I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to a Rosetta Stone for the AFNI nomenclature. Below is some example output from applying the BrikInfo function to our data:
info = 

struct with fields:

RootName: 'E:\datasetname\afni\DCE+orig'
DATASET_DIMENSIONS: [128 128 52 0 0]
DATASET_RANK: [3 473 0 0 0 0 0 0]
BRICK_TYPES: [1×473 double]
BRICK_STATS: [1×946 double]
BRICK_FLOAT_FACS: [1×473 double]
BYTEORDER_STRING: 'LSB_FIRST'
ORIENT_SPECIFIC: [0 2 4]
ORIGIN: [-215.2300 102.7872 -107.4927]
DELTA: [2.0313 -2.0313 3]
BRICK_LABS: []
BRICK_KEYWORDS: []
SCENE_DATA: [0 2 0 -999 -999 -999 -999 -999]
TYPESTRING: '3DIM_HEAD_ANAT'
TAXIS_NUMS: [1×8 double]
TAXIS_FLOATS: [1×8 double]
TAXIS_OFFSETS: []
IDCODE_STRING: 'XYZ_TX7bzwqsauFXKajc5ynEVw'
IDCODE_DATE: 'Wed May  5 09:24:38 2021'
BRICK_STATAUX: []
STAT_AUX: []
HISTORY_NOTE: '[username@hostname: Wed May  5 09:24:38 2021] 3dcopy S07_DCE.nii.gz DCE+orig'
NOTES_COUNT: []
NOTE_NUMBER_001: []
TAGALIGN_MATVEC: []
VOLREG_CENTER_OLD: []
VOLREG_CENTER_BASE: []
VOLREG_ROTPARENT_IDCODE: []
VOLREG_ROTPARENT_NAME: []
VOLREG_GRIDPARENT_IDCODE: []
VOLREG_GRIDPARENT_NAME: []
VOLREG_INPUT_IDCODE: []
VOLREG_INPUT_NAME: []
VOLREG_BASE_IDCODE: []