AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 20, 2021 05:33AM
Hi again!

Thank you so much for the feedback!

The version I was using was indeed old. I must say the latest one is quite cool! I really like the QC ouput and the overlaying function in the GUI!
The 'nmi' cost function did wonders, cheers! I also switched to the second echo as a ref echo as it has much more signal (even though the contrast is tiny bit poorer).

I've pre-processed our entire dataset and the few scans I've checked so far are looking really nice!
There are a few things that are puzzling me though (sorry for getting a bit off-topic):
  1. I'm curious as to why the QC html file doesn't get generated for some of the sessions (see part of the ouput bellow).
  2. Looking at the Degree of Freedom part, it got me wondering... What is an 'acceptable' post-(?!)pre-processing DoF value?
  3. Given the substantial signal loss that is plaguing our data, I wanted to ask you what would be a good way of creating a mask that would include only voxels that have signal. Not sure how to approach this as there are some differences in the extent of signal loss in the different participant sessions.

Thank you!!!
Misho

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
apqc_make_html.py -qc_dir QC_SUBJ
/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_afni1D.py:1302: SyntaxWarning: 'str' object is not callable; perhaps you missed a comma?
print('** uncensor from vec: nt = %d, but nocen len = %d' \
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/software/system/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/apqc_make_html.py", line 193, in <module>
AAII = lah.read_descrip_json(img_json)
File "/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_apqc_html.py", line 1746, in read_descrip_json
ainfo.set_all_from_dict(ddd) # set everything in this obj that we can
File "/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_apqc_html.py", line 642, in set_all_from_dict
self.add_subtext(DICT)
File "/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_apqc_html.py", line 625, in add_subtext
xx = parse_apqc_text_fields(DICT['subtext'])
File "/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_apqc_html.py", line 517, in parse_apqc_text_fields
sspbar = make_inline_pbar_str(ss)
File "/nan/ceph/network/system/el7/AFNI/AFNI_21.1.07/afnipy/lib_apqc_html.py", line 546, in make_inline_pbar_str
with open(fname_json, 'r') as fff:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'media/qc_08_mot_grayplot.pbar.json'
Subject Author Posted

(Mis)alignment Attachments

misho_dimitrov May 10, 2021 12:07PM

Re: (Mis)alignment

ptaylor May 10, 2021 12:53PM

Re: (Mis)alignment Attachments

misho_dimitrov May 11, 2021 08:17AM

Re: (Mis)alignment Attachments

ptaylor May 11, 2021 02:19PM

ptaylor May 11, 2021 02:45PM