AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 16, 2021 04:03PM
I haven't used FMRIprep, and don't know what those files look like.

Also, I could be mistaken, but I thought that FMRIprep by default uses AFNI's 3dvolreg for motion estimation. FMRIprep uses a lot of software tools across existing packages, and I think they picked AFNI's for default motion estimation, for example because of its high-rating when evaluating motion correction tools:
Oakes TR, Johnstone T, Ores Walsh KS, Greischar LL, Alexander AL, Fox AS, Davidson RJ (2005). Comparison of fMRI motion correction software tools. Neuroimage. 28(3):529-543. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2005.05.058
[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Can you check that? I'm not sure what you processing you want done in FMRIprep and which in afni_proc.py, but if that is the case, then it might just make sense to do that part in afni_proc.py (which will also use 3dvolreg) rather than import with, say, this afni_proc.py option:
-regress_motion_file FILE.1D  : use FILE.1D for motion parameters

e.g. -regress_motion_file motion.1D

Particularly if the user performs motion correction outside of
            afni_proc.py, they may wish to specify a motion parameter file
            other than dfile_rall.1D (the default generated in the volreg
            block).

Note: such files no longer need to be copied via -copy_files.

If the motion file is in a remote directory, include the path,
            e.g. -regress_motion_file ../subject17/data/motion.1D .

--pt
Subject Author Posted

fMRIPrep motion files

MXD2019 June 16, 2021 03:24PM

Re: fMRIPrep motion files

ptaylor June 16, 2021 04:03PM