AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 28, 2021 01:50PM
So it stops AFTER writing 2.8 GB of the output file?
How big is a completed file with 9 input runs? Then multiply by 29/9 to estimate the size of the desired file?

The result has been computed in memory, and the problem is converting it to the .niml.dset format and writing that to the output.

One possibility is that the output function is keeping track of bytes output into a 32 bit integer. Your number of bytes exceeds 2^31, so the output function will return a negative value to the caller. That is the flag for error. That is, you are getting the correct output file, but getting an incorrect error message.

If I am correct, then this is not a 3dREMLfit problem per se, but rather a failure in the NIML library. Frankly, it never occurred to me 19 years ago -- when I created NIML -- that anyone would write a 2+ GB file. Lack of imagination, I guess. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

I can change this bookkeeping, but have to look the code over to see if there are other obvious places where something like this could happen. I'll post back here when a new version with this fix is available -- later this week.
Subject Author Posted

`-Rwherr` file output error with 3dREMLfit

Damien Mannion June 21, 2021 03:16AM

Re: `-Rwherr` file output error with 3dREMLfit

RWCox June 28, 2021 01:50PM

Damien Mannion June 28, 2021 06:49PM

ptaylor June 29, 2021 09:01AM

Damien Mannion June 29, 2021 08:41PM