AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 06, 2021 05:06AM
Hi all,

I have a functional localizer data to define middle temporal area. I did 3dDeconvolve and set threshold at a p=.001 on AFNI GUI. Then I did 'clusterize' on GUI with default NN level and number of voxels.

As shown in an attached image, I can see the four big clusters, and two of them are the bilateral MT areas which I'm looking for, but results from 'clusterize' provide me one huge cluster including those (apparently) four chunks.

What I want to create is the two masks each only for the left and right MT.

I tried to adjust the level of threshold in order to separate the left, right MT from the huge cluster, then there are issues like 1)some people have only hemisphere MT survived (i.e. left MT only) even if I can see bilateral MT at a p=.001 threshold, 2) the survived cluster's voxel number gets smaller, and 3) the adjusted threshold levels are different between each hemisphere's MT or among participants.

I would appreciate it if you could give me any advice on how to make a mask for each MT area in this situation.

Four your information, I didn't normalize epi data to MNI or other normalized space in accordance with a custom in visual neuroscience field.

Thank you always!!
Attachments:
open | download - KakaoTalk_Photo_2021-09-06-17-43-23.png (30.2 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Create a mask from a huge cluster Attachments

Mpark September 06, 2021 05:06AM

Re: Create a mask from a huge cluster

Peter Molfese September 06, 2021 08:31PM

Peter Molfese September 06, 2021 11:20PM

Daniel Glen September 07, 2021 10:12AM

Re: Create a mask from a huge cluster Attachments

Mpark September 08, 2021 02:09AM