AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 14, 2021 11:48AM
Hi,

I am performing a fairly routine analysis where I am aligning a T2 FLAIR to an MNI FLAIR template (first reference to subject, cat_matvec to get the inverse, then applying to get subject to reference). Within 3dAllineate, I am using the -cmass option to get a better alignment. After this initial alignment, I am applying the affine used to warp the subject to reference to an ROI to get it in the same space as the aligned FLAIR. The ROI is a binary mask so I am using NN interp and final to try to preserve the values. However, when I apply the transform to the ROI, it seems it is using a different interpolation than specified, as the value range changes to 0 to 0.00024 (instead of 0 to 1). This seems to be a result of using the cmass option, confirmed by using the command 3dCM and obtaining identical results. Is there a way to use the -cmass option and maintain NN interp? I do get better alignment with it, so I would like to keep it if possible, but some of the values in the mask are getting "smoothed over" with standard interpolation.

Thanks for any guidance!
Subject Author Posted

Aligning ROIs with -1Dmatrix_apply using NN interp

willi3by September 14, 2021 11:48AM

Re: Aligning ROIs with -1Dmatrix_apply using NN interp

willi3by September 14, 2021 12:38PM