AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 29, 2021 12:51PM
I will have to try something, since it is weird that it works for "small" datasets and fails for "large" datasets.

Please give me the information about your datasets listed below:
  • Dimensions (grid points in each direction, including time)
  • Dataset "type" (floats, shorts, ???)
  • Largest number of time points where 3dDeconvolve seems to work in your experience
  • Number of regression columns used (should be in the 3dDeconvolve stderr output)
With this info, I can make up some fake data and try it. Since the datasets are so big, I'll have to do this on the NIH's cluster, using one of the "largemem" nodes. Once I can duplicate the failure, I can try to figure out what is causing it. Clearly it is some issue with memory allocation or misuse, but WHERE in the program it happens is kind of opaque -- somewhere at the startup is all I can see now.
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve fails when reading in a large amount of data

Dillon Plunkett October 17, 2021 05:11PM

Re: 3dDeconvolve fails when reading in a large amount of data

rick reynolds October 18, 2021 10:39AM

Dillon Plunkett October 18, 2021 12:05PM

rick reynolds October 19, 2021 10:31AM

Dillon Plunkett October 24, 2021 03:43PM