AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 17, 2021 09:42AM
Hi all (and especially Gang winking smiley,

I know this has been discussed before, and there were also some notes about it on Gang's page (which do not seem to exist anymore), but I wonder what is the current preferred method in afni land for detecting regions that are significantly activated by two contrasts --- (cond.A - cond.B) and (cond.C - cond.D) --- and whose levels of activation are *not* significantly different from one another --- i.e. (cond.A - cond.B) is *not* significantly different from (cond.C - cond.D). I remember a while ago the standard procedure was to create a simple intersection map of two already thresholded and clustered maps, but that does not answer exactly the same question. Would it make sense to further multiply this intersection map by the brain-wise complement mask of the thresholded and clustered map for the contrast [(cond.A - cond.B) - (cond.C - cond.D)] (that is, the mask of non-significant voxels for the latter contrast)?

Also, what would be a sensible choice for the threshold of the maps to be intersected? Is there any principled ground for it to be less stringent than when assessing a single contrast?

thanks for any comment
giuseppe
Subject Author Posted

Conjunction analysis (old topic I know...)

gpagnon November 17, 2021 09:42AM

Re: Conjunction analysis (old topic I know...)

gang November 18, 2021 08:34AM

Re: Conjunction analysis (old topic I know...)

gpagnon November 21, 2021 03:45AM