AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 01, 2021 10:01AM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. Ok, sounds good. I've attached an image with the raw epi overlay on the raw anat and you can see this bright signal is indeed CSF. For my analysis, I plan to extract the mean time series from a set of 90 ROIs registered in MNI space to form a functional connectivity matrix. Would you recommend that I mask out the CSF outside of the warped anatomical brain boundary using the mask_anat or mask_epi_anat image prior to extracting the time series?

Additionally, do you have any suggestions for the images where the brainstem is slightly off? I've attached an image here demonstrating the alignment issue with the brainstem/cerebellum. It seems in these instances that the other regions of the brain are relatively well aligned (e.g., ventricles, cortical gyri/sulci). Though I do have some regions of interest in the cerebellum where this might cause a slight issue. Would you suggest I attempt to adjust the alignment of these images to fix the brainstem issue or would you think this is ok to move forward?

Thanks,
Jenna
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.53.05 AM.png (240.5 KB)
open | download - alignment.png (1.43 MB)
Subject Author Posted

Alignment issue Attachments

jkblujus November 29, 2021 06:32PM

Re: Alignment issue

Daniel Glen November 30, 2021 01:47PM

Re: Alignment issue Attachments

jkblujus December 01, 2021 10:01AM

Re: Alignment issue

Daniel Glen December 01, 2021 10:33PM