AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 11, 2022 11:03AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am analyzing some resting-state data. I also collected physiological recordings (cardiac and respiratory) for this dataset.

For preprocessing the dataset, I am following this order of blocks on afni_proc.py:

despike > ricor > tshift > align > tlrc > volreg > mask > regress

My ricor regressors are created from RetroTs.py - which outputs 13 columns of regressors. This includes RVT (respiratory volume per time), along with regressors for the phase of the cardiac and respiratory signals.

One of our collaborators suggested we should also include the cardiac rate (cardiac rate= 1/interval between the cardiac peaks) as a regressor to account for variations in cardiac rate during the scan duration. Importantly, RVT and cardiac rate should be convolved with the respiratory response function and cardiac response function, respectively.

My questions are:
1. When AFNI regresses out the RVT (derived from RetroTs.py), along with the other ricor regressors, does it convolve it with the respiratory response function before doing so?

2. How do I go about adding the cardiac rate convolved with the cardiac response function as a regressor into AFNI (before bandpass)?

Thank you,
Avi
Subject Author Posted

Regressing RVT and cardiac rate

e0046902 April 11, 2022 11:03AM

Re: Regressing RVT and cardiac rate

rick reynolds April 19, 2022 11:54AM

e0046902 May 24, 2022 11:54PM

rick reynolds May 25, 2022 10:22AM