AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 12, 2022 06:54AM
Hi,

I'm trying to map the functional data to surface using 3dVol2Surf and then extract the data within surface ROI. Then I met ** FATAL ERROR: Input and mask datasets are not same dimensions!

I checked their number of nodes and found there's a lack of nodes for the functional data. It's weird because this doesn't happen to another run of this subject (scanned just 2 min before the problematic run). Any suggestions to solve this problem?

I also found the number of nodes of functional data varied if I made some changes to the options of @SUMA_AlignToExperiment which may affect the input for -sv of 3dVol2Surf. So something wrong with the alignment?

Thanks in advance!

Dset 0x199c9b0, datum level 0 (0..3 possible)
Number of Links: 0
Dset Name: SPARSE_DATA (-1), isGraph 0, isCIFTI (MultiDomain)0
filename: ./sbj04_rawdata_unblur_rh.niml.dset
label: //media/dongx/0D6...
self_idcode (idcode): AFN_XwpPE5QYr8xv4SQyEjDsTQ
geometry_parent_idcode:
domain_parent_idcode (MeshParent_idcode):
Node Index (NodeDef) Element:
inel->vec_len = 129537
inel->vec_num = 1
inel->vec_filled = 129537
Node Index Column found.
sorted_node_def: Yes
0, 1, ..., 129651, 129652, 129653

----- Following are the scripts:

@SUMA_AlignToExperiment -exp_anat a2_brain_shiftrotate_al+orig \
-surf_anat ../anat/SUMA/${s}_SurfVol.nii \
-align_centers \
-echo \
-prefix ${s}_SurfVolal

for hemi in "lh" "rh"
do
3dVol2Surf -spec ${s}_${hemi}.spec -surf_A ${hemi}.smoothwm.gii -surf_B ${hemi}.pial.gii \
-sv ${datapath}/${s}_SurfVolal+orig \
-grid_parent ${datapath}/r08_bandpass.nii.gz \
-map_func nzave -f_steps 10 -f_index voxels -out_niml ${datapath}/${s}_func_${hemi}.niml.dset
done
Subject Author Posted

Dimension mismatch between surface datasets

Dong April 12, 2022 06:54AM

Re: Dimension mismatch between surface datasets

rick reynolds April 19, 2022 11:21AM

Re: Dimension mismatch between surface datasets

Dong April 22, 2022 04:36AM