AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 10, 2022 03:44PM
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the info and quick reply. In reading further, it looks like OpenMP 4.0 and above will work for offloading to the GPU instead of CPU. I'm looking into implementing this on our HPC environment (RedHat) and further down the line a docker or singularity container. For the container route I was initially looking at CentOS since it aligns better to RHEL but I'm not tied to it if you have any recommendations.

Just curious, is there any work on this front of adding a switch to some of the more computationally heavy components (e.g. nonlinear warping) to utilize a GPU if present otherwise fallback to CPU parallelization in OpenMP or using something like CUDA (NVIDIA cards only) or OpenACC(opens it up to AMD etc) directly if a GPU is detected?

Thanks,
Ajay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2022 03:45PM by AjaySK.
Subject Author Posted

Which version OpenMP used

AjaySK May 10, 2022 02:03PM

Re: Which version OpenMP used

rick reynolds May 10, 2022 02:51PM

Re: Which version OpenMP used

AjaySK May 10, 2022 03:44PM