History of AFNI updates  

|
May 24, 2022 04:20PM
Hello,

I am using ETAC in 3dttest++ and have a couple of questions I posted a few months ago, but didn't get a response.

1) I've noticed that the stats file that 3dttest++ outputs with -etac turned on has slightly different z-scores than if I run 3dttest++ without -etac but instead use just -toz or -clustsim. I poked around in the source code and I think it is because of a subtraction that is implemented to the degrees of freedom when -etac is invoked. In line 4685 of the source code there is:

if( do_Xclustsim && dofsub == 0 ){
     dofsub = (int)rintf(0.0999f*(nval_AAA+nval_BBB)) ;
   }

Could you explain to me why this is necessary?

2) I've been using the default options for my analyses, but have been playing around with options to try to understand what is happening under the hood better. I've stumbled onto an unexpected outcome where I get no clusters passing the correction if I set hpow to 0 or to 2, but I do get significant clusters if I set it to a combination of the both.

These two do not produce significant clusters:

-ETAC_opt NN=2:sid=2:hpow=0:pthr=0.01/0.001/19:name=h0:fpr=5

-ETAC_opt NN=2:sid=2:hpow=2:pthr=0.01/0.001/19:name=h2:fpr=5

But this one does with everything else left the same:

-ETAC_opt NN=2:sid=2:hpow=0,2:pthr=0.01/0.001/19:name=multi:fpr=5

I expected the multi threshold to increase the thresholds used by running more comparisons, but it doesn't seem like that is happening. Could someone also explain to me why that occurs?

Thank you so much in advance!
Anthony
Subject Author Posted

ETAC questions

asali May 24, 2022 04:20PM

Re: ETAC questions

asali June 01, 2022 05:08PM