AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 01, 2022 02:12PM
Hello!

I'm trying to use trial-by-trial behavior as a parametric/amplitude modulator and look at contrasts where I compare the modulation effects between conditions.

I saw the following post: [afni.nimh.nih.gov] which suggests that I should be doing the following:

-gltsym 'SYM: myCondition1[1] -myCondition2[1]'

I just want to double check that I am conceptually understanding this correctly. If I were to do the following:
-gltsym 'SYM: +Ant.Mean -Ant.Nice' -glt_label 3 Ant.Mean.V.Nice

it would be equivalent to: -gltsym 'SYM: +Ant.Mean[0] -Ant.Nice[0]' -glt_label 3 Ant.Mean.V.Nice

and would NOT be actually capturing any of the amplitude modulation?

Whereas the following: -gltsym 'SYM: +Ant.Mean[1] -Ant.Nice[1]' -glt_label 3 Ant.Mean.V.Nice

Would be examining the difference in the modulation effect between the Mean and Nice conditions

Thank you!
Subject Author Posted

Amplitude Modulation GLT set up

MeganQ June 01, 2022 02:12PM

Re: Amplitude Modulation GLT set up

rick reynolds June 01, 2022 05:13PM

Re: Amplitude Modulation GLT set up

MeganQ June 02, 2022 08:58PM