AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 06, 2022 11:53AM
Imagine I have a block design with three conditions and no "baseline" or "rest" periods, so my model contains a regressor for each block type. For each condition 3dDeconvolve will compute a t-value and a beta. I understand (I think) that these are marginal statistics, that is each t-value represents the significance of the effect compared to the model with only that effect removed. I'm confused about the baseline against which each beta is defined in this case. Looking, for example at page 5 of [afni.nimh.nih.gov], it seems to suggest that the baseline would not include the the effects of the other two regressors. In the case like this where there is no implicit baseline, would each individual beta be relative to the model that included the combined effects of the other two regressors? I'm having some trouble reconciling these two ideas in my mind. Would the betas even be interpretable in such a case? I'd be very grateful for any help thinking about this.
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve baseline question

mworden June 06, 2022 11:53AM

Re: 3dDeconvolve baseline question

rick reynolds June 06, 2022 12:53PM

mworden June 06, 2022 02:57PM

rick reynolds June 06, 2022 03:08PM