AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 13, 2022 05:33PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes I seem to be a bit stuck. I just chose the 5th sub-brik b/c it had good contrast in the time series. Not really because it was off.

I couldn't get anywhere positive with align_epi_anat. I went back to 3dAllineate. I've been methodically using different iterations of parameters. This is what I've lately come up with as a set of parameters that improves the registration.

3dAllineate \
-overwrite \
-prefix $AnimalID/$FolderID/${AnimalID}_${FolderID}_Sample.Reg \
-base $AnimalID/$FolderID/${AnimalID}_${FolderID}_Sample+orig[1] \
-warp shift_rotate \
-parfix 3 0 \
-cost ls \
-autoweight^-2 \
-final quintic \
$AnimalID/$FolderID/${AnimalID}_${FolderID}_Sample+orig

- An autoweight of 2 does an okay job as it (i think I understand) weighs the bright voxels more. But the edges of the organ of interest are dark so I went with a negative value presuming it weighs dark values more(?). It seems to do a slightly better job with negative value.
- I also manually segmented the area of interest and dilated the mask to get some voxels outside the area of interest to account for motion before registering. It does a slightly better job.

Ultimately I'm left with a data set that has a good portion of it registered, but every 8th time point or so, there remains a large (~3 voxels) jump/sudden translation in one direction which still throws it off. I.e. it doesn't do a good job of registering that time point back with the rest. Thank you very much for your time and assistance with this issue.

Cheers,
Edwin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2022 06:26PM by ebaldelo.
Subject Author Posted

Help with Registration of Abdominal images

ebaldelo June 10, 2022 01:44PM

Re: Help with Registration of Abdominal images

ebaldelo June 10, 2022 02:56PM

Daniel Glen June 10, 2022 05:28PM

ebaldelo June 10, 2022 06:05PM

Daniel Glen June 10, 2022 07:36PM