AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 24, 2022 08:24PM
Dear Gang, thank you very much for your reply!

> It shows the statistical evidence/strength for the group difference for the slope effect of time.
> It would be better to show the magnitude of the group difference (the sub-brick right before the Z-values) for the slope effect of time
> (as UnderLay on the AFNI GUI).

Thanks! In fact, I am actually using the z values sub-brick to threshold, and then the sub-brick before as overlay. Is that what you mean?
However, we found that values of -0.07 (for example) are very hard to grasp on their own. That is why we are focussing on the presence of interaction effects (along with their direction) first. (And then later on present figures regarding the magnitude.)

>> Does the mathematical test in 3dLMEr, which produced the z values for my above mentioned group*time interaction effect, have a name?
> group:time is the interaction between group and time. It assesses the difference of the slope (or marginal) effect for time between the two groups.

Okay, so these are basically show the slope difference between both groups. Someone was asking me if there was a specific word to explain the background of these values. Similar to that you could write e.g. "Results of chi-sqare test/ F-test indicate that there is a significant group x time interaction at (peak x,y,z)" if you took values from the chi-square sub-bricks instead of the above mentioned z sub-brick...

Also, do you know any reference that mentions the differences between the chi-square sub-brick and the one that includes directions and explains why it is possible to take either either one as a source for group x time interactions? Someone was wondering if [-gltCode Int-Ctlr_over_Time 'Group : 1*Intervention -1*Control Time :'] is not already a pos-hoc test and you have to do some kind of unidirectional omnibus-/F-/Chi-Square-/... Test first before checking direction of the interaction effect (=checking the first sub-bricks with chi-square values). Unfortunately, I'm lacking background knowledge to answer that question well. (As far as I understand, however, an example for a post-hoc test would be 'Group : 1*Intervention Time : ')

Thank you in advance!

Subject Author Posted

3dlmer correct words for reporting results main effects and contrasts

AFNIuser007 July 04, 2022 09:35AM

Re: 3dlmer correct words for reporting results main effects and contrasts

gang July 05, 2022 04:49PM

AFNIuser007 July 07, 2022 03:35PM

gang July 11, 2022 10:12AM

AFNIuser007 July 12, 2022 06:53AM