AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 28, 2022 04:06PM
Thank you very much for your prompt response!

What do the subjects listen to during the first session? During the second session does each subject listen to only one of the two scrambling cases or both?

All subjects listen to the temporally intact story during the first session. Subjects then listen to only one of the scrambling cases. Slightly questionable study design, I know. It's from an open-source dataset!

I suggest that you build two separate models: one for the contrast of the intact vs scrambled versions using 3dMVM, 3dttest++, or 3dLMEr

This makes some sense. Just to clarify, could I use the same model that I've applied previously for this purpose, and just change my post-hoc GLT codings slightly? e.g.

-model 'Age+Gender+scram+(1|Subj)' \
-qVars "Age" \
-qVarsCenters 20.66 \
-gltCode intact 'scram : 1*intact' \
-gltCode longscram 'scram : 1*long' \
-gltCode shortscram 'scram : 1*short' \
-gltCode intactVlong 'scram : 1*intact -1*long' \
-gltCode intactVshort 'scram : 1*intact -1*short' \

and the other for the contrast between the long and short scrambled versions using 3dMVM or 3dttest++.
Again, just to clarify, if I were to run this in 3dLMEr, could I achieve this between-subjects contrast by removing all subject-level analyses of the 'intact story' from my input files table, only retaining the long and short scrambled versions of the story using the following model?

-model 'Age+Gender+scram+(1|Subj)' \
-qVars "Age" \
-qVarsCenters 20.66 \
-gltCode intactVlong 'scram : 1*intact -1*long' \
-gltCode intactVshort 'scram : 1*intact -1*short' \

If so, I'm a little confused. Why should these have to be run separately?

Thanks again for your help, Gang! I really appreciate it.
Subject Author Posted

3dLMEr between-subjects contrast clarification

gregetarian July 28, 2022 07:01AM

Re: 3dLMEr between-subjects contrast clarification

gang July 28, 2022 10:16AM

gregetarian July 28, 2022 04:06PM

gang July 29, 2022 09:15PM