AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 08, 2022 09:29AM
Hi,

I have collected a T1w MRI scan using two different scanners for the same patient. In one of these scans, the patient has LPA, RPA, and Nasion fiducials which I have labeled using the "Edit Tagset" Plugin. I want to find the coordinates of these fiducials in the other MRI image where the patient does not have markers on their head. Since I have hundreds of patients like this, I want to find an automated way to do this that is as accurate and efficient as possible.

I tried using 3dAllineate to align the fiducial T1 (containing a tagset) with the other T1, hoping that the tagset would also transform during the process. However, I discovered that the tagset disappeared in the transformed dataset. Is there a way to also transform the tagset? I imagine there must be a way to save out the transformation matrix and then apply it to the coordinates of the tagset, but I'm not sure the easiest way to do this. I know that I could manually edit the tagset in the transformed MRI, but this approach would likely require more time.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks
Subject Author Posted

Transforming tags with 3dAllineate

witherscp September 08, 2022 09:29AM

Re: Transforming tags with 3dAllineate

Daniel Glen September 08, 2022 10:12AM