AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 05, 2022 09:39AM
It's a long story how I got here. I was studying MRIs on AFNI and noticed that with some of my scans, the resting and functional alignment was very, very bad. I worked with Rick Reynolds to revise the processing script, and that worked for a while, but most of our last few scans have terrible alignment and the new script doesn't fix it. I noticed the following error messages in the badly aligned data runs:

Center of mass shifts (-cmass) are turned off, but would be large
-at least one is more than 20% of search range
Cmass xyz shifts = [numbers varied depending on the dataset]
Shift search range is +/- = [numbers varied]
Center of mass shifts turned off, but would be TERRIBLY large!
At least 1 is more than 50% of search range
Cmass xyz shifts = [numbers varied depending on the dataset]
Shift search range is +/- = [numbers varied]
Cmass was turned off, but might have been needed :(
Please check your results – PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
No output dataset will be calculated

I also saw multiple messages about considering running “3dWarp -deoblique” if I am “performing spatial transformations on an oblique dset or viewing/combining it with volumes of differing obliquity.”
My colleague suggested I run uber_subject.py, which would allow me to insert the suggested lines, e.g. -cmass. But when I tried to run uber_subject.py, I was told I need python-qt4.

Relevant information, perhaps: the patients range from infant to 13 years old, male and female. My work involves finding connectivity networks, so I open resting and anatomical data in AFNI and they should overlap more or less exactly. I didn't write the processing scripts.

I tried using anaconda to install python-qt4, and that didn't work.

Is there an updated version of python-qt4? How do I work around this? Or, more simply, is there a way to fix this alignment?
Subject Author Posted

Fixing Alignment and Installing PyQt4

bowdensa October 05, 2022 09:39AM

Re: Fixing Alignment and Installing PyQt4

ptaylor October 05, 2022 09:45AM

bowdensa October 05, 2022 10:55AM

ptaylor October 05, 2022 11:55AM

bowdensa October 12, 2022 10:59AM