AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 30, 2022 05:19PM
Hi, Brady-

Cool, thanks.

Re 1) That must be an input dataset you have included the 3dinfo data for? The mask+underlay images you show appear to have much, much higher resolution (and a spatially isotropic one, too). It is great to have the initial resolution information, but I suspect that the processing pipeline included a very large upsampling factor, then? Frankly, that output looks like an antomical resolution, or higher, consistent with.

The 2.75x2.75x5.00 mm**3 voxels are about 2.5 times the size of the ones I listed, so the similar whole brain mask would have less than 30k voxels, if made from that. Again, the images you show appear to have very, very high spatial resolution. I wonder if part of the reason for upsampling is try to counter some of the anisotropicity of the voxels?

While some software upsample highly by default, I am not quite sure what purpose it would serve, esp. to this high a resolution---upsampling won't add information, and it will greatly increase computational time and disk space storage. Is there a particular analysis that would require this? It is surprising to me.

Re 4) Hmm, if you had a one-to-one replacement files for each item in the AP results directory that goes into the APQC HTML, that might be possible to kinda retrofit with the generating script, but I doubt that can be done very easily... Do you have a lot of intermediate/output files from processing still? Frankly, setting up a new AP command would likely be faster, because you just need the input data. But I understand that might not be a popular choice.

That mask does show quite reasonable coverage, indeed. (And using any anatomical reference volume to define a final space is OK, in terms of processing setup and execution).

Re 5) Sounds good.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ input files and settings

BradyRoberts November 22, 2022 11:33AM

Re: 3dttest++ input files and settings

ptaylor November 24, 2022 07:26AM

rick reynolds November 24, 2022 10:10AM

rick reynolds November 24, 2022 01:29PM