AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 25, 2023 02:03AM
Hi, I've been getting errors with afni_proc, where it fails on the blur step. After a bit of digging, the problem seems to be that the file that's created to estimate the blur parameters (surf.smooth.params.1D) is giving some leading zeros when read by 1dcat, which means that the afni_proc script is asking for a sigma of zero.

The final lines of the afni_proc output are:

if ( ! -f surf.smooth.params.1D ) then
set params = `1dcat surf.smooth.params.1D`
1dcat surf.smooth.params.1D
SurfSmooth -spec /afm01/P007/SUMA/std.141.P007_lh.spec -surf_A smoothwm -input pb03.P007.surf.lh.r02.surf.niml.dset -met HEAT_07 -Niter 0 -sigma 0 -output pb04.P007.surf.lh.r02.blur.niml.dset
Error SUMA_SurfSmooth_ParseInput:
Unexpected combo: fwhm -1.000000, tfwhm -1.000000 , sigma 0.000000

And when I look at the surf.smooth.params.1D file I get:

1dcat surf.smooth.params.1D 
0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 0.357 -1 0 0 0 0

I'm using the same afni_proc code that worked without this issue at my previous institution (a few years ago now). I'm trying this on a new setup (using [www.neurodesk.org]), so I'm not sure if it's something to do with my setup, or a change in the afni code behaviour. Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

surf.smooth.params.1D giving extra zeros with 1dcat

erin January 25, 2023 02:03AM

Re: surf.smooth.params.1D giving extra zeros with 1dcat

rick reynolds January 25, 2023 09:21AM

erin January 25, 2023 10:40PM

rick reynolds January 26, 2023 08:55AM