AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 12, 2023 02:51AM
Hello AFNI connoisseurs,

I am facing an error when running the 3dTcat function through Compute Canada resources.

I have a set of arrays which all correspond to number based nifti files that I'd like to merge together.

The command I run is the following, and the $file_paths variable is a list of all files that I'd like to have merged (see image for the artistic aspect of echo $file_path)

xvfb-run -a vglrun -d egl 3dTcat \
-prefix Temp.nii \
Zero_dataset.nii \
"$file_paths"

The error I get from the sbatch output text file is:
++ 3dTcat: AFNI version=AFNI_23.0.04 (Feb 13 2023) [64-bit]

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
3dTcat main
Bottom of Debug Stack
** AFNI version = AFNI_23.0.04 Compile date = Feb 13 2023
** [[Precompiled binary linux_centos_7_64: Feb 13 2023]]
** Program Death **
** If you report this crash to the AFNI message board,
** please copy the error messages EXACTLY, and give
** the command line you used to run the program, and
** any other information needed to repeat the problem.
** You may later be asked to upload data to help debug.
** Crash log is appended to file /home/coopapap/.afni.crashlog
++ 3dTstat: AFNI version=AFNI_23.0.04 (Feb 13 2023) [64-bit]
++ Authored by: KR Hammett & RW Cox
** FATAL ERROR: Can't open dataset Temp.nii
** Program compile date = Feb 13 2023
rm: cannot remove 'Temp.nii': No such file or directory
Processing SMN...
++ 3dTcat: AFNI version=AFNI_23.0.04 (Feb 13 2023) [64-bit]

And when I go to the crash log I get the following:

*********------ CRASH LOG ------------------------------***********
Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
.......... recent internal history .........................................
++++++++mri_free [8]: {ENTRY (file=mri_free.c line=49) from THD_delete_datablock {19 ms}
mri_free -- call killpurge {19 ms}
+++++++++mri_killpurge [9]: {ENTRY (file=mri_purger.c line=259) from mri_free {19 ms}
mri_killpurge -- check if im==NULL ptr=0x21da810
mri_killpurge -- can't killpurge NULL fname! {19 ms}
---------mri_killpurge [9]: EXIT} (file=mri_purger.c line=270) to mri_free {19 ms}
mri_free -- free im {19 ms}
--------mri_free [8]: EXIT} (file=mri_free.c line=69) to THD_delete_datablock {19 ms}
THD_delete_datablock -- free brick_ stuff {19 ms}
THD_delete_datablock -- KILL_KILL {19 ms}
THD_delete_datablock -- free attributes {19 ms}
-------THD_delete_datablock [7]: EXIT} (file=thd_delete.c line=122) to THD_delete_3dim_dataset {19 ms}
THD_delete_3dim_dataset -- KILL_KILL {19 ms}
------THD_delete_3dim_dataset [6]: EXIT} (file=thd_delete.c line=179) to THD_is_dataset {19 ms}
-----THD_is_dataset [5]: EXIT} (file=thd_opendset.c line=407) to init_global_atlas_list {19 ms}
+++++invert_affine [5]: {ENTRY (file=thd_atlas.c line=2026) from init_global_atlas_list {19 ms}
-----invert_affine [5]: EXIT} (file=thd_atlas.c line=2049) to init_global_atlas_list {19 ms}
+++++invert_affine [5]: {ENTRY (file=thd_atlas.c line=2026) from init_global_atlas_list {19 ms}
-----invert_affine [5]: EXIT} (file=thd_atlas.c line=2049) to init_global_atlas_list {19 ms}
----init_global_atlas_list [4]: EXIT} (file=thd_ttatlas_query.c line=2234) to THD_open_one_dataset {19 ms}
++++THD_3dim_from_ROIstring [4]: {ENTRY (file=thd_ttatlas_query.c line=8411) from THD_open_one_dataset {19 ms}
+++++ROI_String_Decode [5]: {ENTRY (file=thd_ttatlas_query.c line=3654) from THD_3dim_from_ROIstring {19 ms}
-----ROI_String_Decode [5]: EXIT} (file=thd_ttatlas_query.c line=3690) to THD_3dim_from_ROIstring {19 ms}
----THD_3dim_from_ROIstring [4]: EXIT} (file=thd_ttatlas_query.c line=8419) to THD_open_one_dataset {19 ms}
++++THD_patch_brickim [4]: {ENTRY (file=thd_loaddblk.c line=1267) from THD_open_one_dataset {19 ms}
----THD_patch_brickim [4]: EXIT} (file=thd_loaddblk.c line=1269) to THD_open_one_dataset {19 ms}
---THD_open_one_dataset [3]: EXIT} (file=thd_opendset.c line=359) to 3dTcat main {19 ms}
3dTcat main
** AFNI compile date = Feb 13 2023
** [[Precompiled binary linux_centos_7_64: Feb 13 2023]]
** Program Crash **

Can you provide any assistance?
Attachments:
open | download - file_path.png (245.4 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received Attachments

coopapap May 12, 2023 02:51AM

Re: Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received

rick reynolds May 12, 2023 11:24AM

coopapap May 12, 2023 04:06PM

rick reynolds May 12, 2023 04:25PM