AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 23, 2023 06:04PM
Hi,

I am preparing to do connectivity analyses using task-based data that was pre-processed using fmriprep and then smoothed and scaled in afni.

Similar to resting-state analyses, I would like to clean the data using GLMs and then use the corresponding “errts” datasets. I would like to censor, bandpass filter, model nuisance regressors (e.g., motion parameters), and model periods of “non-interest” from the task (e.g., blocks of non-interest, interblock intervals… using onset times and block response functions). I am familiar with how to do these steps using 3dDeconvolve with the exception of bandpass filtering. In the afniproc help file it says -regress_bandpass performs bandpass filtering in 3dDeconvolve — would it be possible for me to implement something like this in my 3ddeconvolve script? Or use 3dTproject in combination with 3ddeconvolve? Any insight into how to implement bandpass filtering alongside censoring & modeling periods of non-interest would be much appreciated.

Best,
Bari
Subject Author Posted

bandpass filtering task-based data .. outside of afniproc?

bfuchs May 23, 2023 06:04PM