AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Nicolas
December 09, 2002 03:41PM
Hello all,
Is there a way to specify waver so that the waveform isn't convolved with the reference function in a linear way? For example, I have been doing a block design experiment but I do not think the hrf is additive in a perfectly linear fashion. So, as it is now, when I use waver to convolve the -WAV waveform to a 1s and 0s file, I end up with a graph that only shows one peak for one block period. In my experiment the block lasts for 20 seconds and I am using a TR of 2 seconds. So, I have 10 1's in a row and instead of seeing just one peak, it would be nice to create a model that shows the peaks of BOLD response deconvolved/separated a bit. I realize it might be over-fitting the data if I represent the model with 10 differnt peaks during the block period, but it would be nice to see three or four peaks for one block period, thus representing the data a little bit better. Please let me know if this makes sense and if it is possible. Thanks.

Nicolas
Subject Author Posted

non-additive waver

Nicolas December 09, 2002 03:41PM

Re: non-additive waver

bob cox December 09, 2002 05:32PM

Nicolas December 09, 2002 07:11PM

B. Douglas Ward December 10, 2002 12:03PM