AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 28, 2003 11:49AM
I am trying to write a script that will convert and print brain images of our subjects that they can take home as a souvenir. The computer I want to run the script on has the 2.52A version of AFNI on it and runs Red Hat Linux. I have tried to use the command

mritopgm <image name>/cjpeg -quality 90 > <image name.jpg>

which executes without error. I am then able to open the jpeg image in a viewer, however the image has lost a lot of detail. In fact you can only see the outline of the brain - none of the internal brain anatomy. In contrast if I open AFNI and manually save the image as a jpeg and then open the image in the same viewer, I get a very detailed brain image. Is there another command line way for me to convert the image file (ppm) to a format that I can open in a viewer without loosing details.

Thank you,
Stephanie

Subject Author Posted

script to convert/print images

Stephanie Runke February 28, 2003 11:49AM

Re: script to convert/print images

bob cox February 28, 2003 02:44PM