AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 18, 2003 03:55PM
Hi All,
I am back to square one, I think. I am trying to create a group map of my data, and am not sure which tool to use. First, let me tell you my design:

I have 7 subjects and they each undergo 2 scans on one day. Each scan is different. The first scan has baseline plus 3 conditions, the second scan has baseline plus 4 conditions. I have used 3dDeconvolve to generate regression coefficients for each condition and a several glts, and used both the paradigm and the motion parameters as regressors.

When I wrote before (without the above info), Christine suggested that I use a mixed effects ANOVA with 3dANOVA2, but she did not know that there was only 1 scan per subject and only 7 subjects. I tried to do it, but my p-values were horrible (in the .1-.9 range) although the values for the individuals were in the .0001 range. My local statistician first suggested I do a fixed (instead of mixed) ANOVA since I had only 7 subjects, but afni said I did not have enough data (because there was only 1 scan per subject I think). My local stats guy then said he thought I should use 3dRegAna instead, but we have not been able to figure out how exactly to set up the command. So my questions are - is 3dRegAna the correct tool, and if so, what should the command look like. If it is not the correct tool, then what is? If 3dANOVA is the correct tool, what are the correct settings? We have read the .ps files, but have been rather stumped.

The second question I have is about calculating area under the curve. I do not have any lags in my deconvolution, and Christine said she did not know what the proper way to calculate this would be if there was not a lag, and that I should ask the rest of the AFNI community.

Much thanks!
Sara

Subject Author Posted

which tool and AUC

Sara March 18, 2003 03:55PM

Re: which tool and AUC

B. Douglas Ward March 18, 2003 06:31PM

Sara March 19, 2003 11:49AM

B. Douglas Ward March 19, 2003 06:30PM