AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 30, 2003 05:28PM
We use a task with a rapid, event-related design- with 6 s trials and a TR of 2 s. We hope to be able to disentangle activations relating to events WITHIN that brief 6s time frame. Thus, changes in 3dTshift seem huge.

Our subjects are scanned axially. To select the montage, I put up a midsagittal image and draw the 24 slices starting at the base of the orbitofrontal cortex moving the mouse cursor upward to the top of the corpus collosum. Since I am moving I to S with cursor, and the images are interleaved by default in RT-EPI, I use the "altplus" option in AFNI to interpret the I files.

My question is, what is different about the new 3dTshift? When Bob says the old one was "backwards", does that mean that assuming the images were actually acquired in the following order (I to S):

SUPERIOR
Inferior

.... that instead ANFI was incorporating the slice data upside-down (in my axial case) as:

15 etc.

or was it reversing direction when "reading-in" the single slices, like:

Superior
INFERIOR

With our small areas of interest coupled with rapid events, the new datasets made with the revised 3dTshift have changed the overall multi-subject consolidated group maps considerably, and it would be nice to have some idea why.

Thanks.

Jim B

Subject Author Posted

Directionality of 3dTshift fix?

Jim Bjork April 30, 2003 05:28PM

Re: Directionality of 3dTshift fix?

bob cox May 01, 2003 11:49AM